6.23.2010

sewing project

I am preparing a outfit (maybe two if I get my act together) for a Worn Again competition- where you are given a bag of clothes-- the dregs of the thrift stores-- and use the fabric (and zippers, and thread!) to make a new, fashionable outfit.

So, I have been clipping away at websites for the last few weeks planning my outfit, as I carefully took apart horrible multi-print shirts. Here are some of the things that are inspiring me as I begin to sew...






 from i love wildfox  



so i am thinking a layered victorian-esque/ steampunky mini dress with a lace bustle made like the great red dress above. what do you think?


maybe some southern gothic inspired screenprinted fabric?

i apologize for all un-linked images, i have been evernote-ing them without thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment